- My research and my book on private practice, therapist stress and handling life events.
- Trials and tribulations of Private Practice
- Projective processes, dynamic administration and supervision. (IGA)
- Elias, Complexity theory, Group Analytic work with individuals,
- Dissertation preparation. (IGA and Birkbeck)
- Engaging with the Median Group – International Congress Bolzano
- Online supervision research – BACP research conference.
- Interpersonal dynamics in seminar groups – Institute of Psychosexual Medicine
- Technology, New Media and Psychotherapy – Conference.
- Time to think and Resilience in Practice – Royal College of General Practitioners.
How do I teach?
How I present depends on the needs of the individuals or organisation.
I am equally happy in a formal large lecture, a free floating large group discussion, a seminar group or a tutorial but I will approach each differently.
In a formal lecture I might include film clips or PowerPoint images, while in a smaller setting I might encourage people to contribute their own experience and shape the event to meet the need of the individuals present.
Academic teaching has been an important part of my professional life. I worked for 16 years on a psychotherapy training and taught most aspects of theory in that time. I also enjoy bringing psychotherapeutic ideas simply to people who are interested but have little background in psychological work.